human rights watch

söndag 7 januari 2024

Roya Heshmati, a Kurdish citizen from Sanandaj and a resident of Tehran, who was previously sentenced to prison and 74 lashes by the corrupt judicial system for not observing the mandatory hijab, published an article about his indomitable spirit against oppression.

 







Didn't this lady embezzle and steal 3.370 billion and one thousand dollars?


Roya Heshmati, a Kurdish citizen from Sanandaj and a resident of Tehran, who was previously sentenced to prison and 74 lashes by the corrupt judicial system for not observing the mandatory hijab, published an article about his indomitable spirit against oppression.


This morning, I called my lawyer to execute the sentence of 74 lashes and we went to the 7th District Prosecutor's Office. We passed the entrance gate and I took off my hijab. We went to the 1st branch of sentence execution.


The employee of the branch said: "Put on your headscarf so that you don't get into trouble." I said: "I'm here to whip you, I'm not wearing it." I called and the officer who executed the sentence came up and said: "Put on your headscarf and follow me." I said: "I'm not wearing it." so why don't you I will whip you in such a way that you will find out where you are, I will also open a new case for you, you can be our guest for the other seventy-four. I did not go back.



We went down and brought some other boys for drinking. The man repeated sternly: "Aren't I telling you to go?" I didn't, two chador women came and pulled the scarf over my head, I opened the door and this was repeated several times. standing next to me The woman sighed and said: "I know, I know." My judge laughed in my room.


The iron door opening the walls of the cement room was at the bottom of the room, where there were handcuffs and iron bindings on both sides of the bed, with an iron device similar to the base of the canvas, it was slightly on this side. It was a medieval torture chamber.



The judge asked: "Are you okay, madam?" you do not have problem?" I didn't answer him as if he didn't exist. He said, "I'm with you, lady." I didn't answer again. The executioner said: "Take off your coat." I hung my coat and scarf from the base of the torture canvas. He said, "Put your scarf on." I said, "I won't." Put your Koran under your arm and beat it. The woman came and said: "Please don't be stubborn" and pulled the shawl over my head. "Don't hit too hard," said the judge.


The man started hitting my shoulders, my shoulders, my back, my hips, my thighs, my legs. I didn't count the number of blows again.


When it was over, we came, I didn't let them out. They thought I was even in pain. We went upstairs to the judge who executed the sentence. I took off my scarf at the door. The woman said, "Please put your head on."


The judge said: "We ourselves are not happy about this case, but it is wise and it should be implemented." I did not answer him. He said: "If you want to live in a different way, you can be outside the country." I said: "This country is for everyone." He said: "Yes, but the law must be followed." I said: "Let the law do its job, we will continue our resistance" from the room. We came out and I threw my scarf again.

Ali Mojtahedzadeh, a lawyer and jurist, in an interview with Faraz, emphasized that Roya Heshmati's whipping order was not legal and was meant to teach a lesson in the society.

Yesterday, a story about Roya Heshmati's flogging was published on social networks. This narrative had a high response in cyberspace, as the judiciary of the Islamic Republic was forced to react.

"Mizan" news agency, in response to the criticism of the execution of Roya Heshmati's whipping sentence, wrote:

"At some point, by connecting to an organized flow abroad and receiving money, Hashmati has promoted prostitution in the streets of Tehran at certain hours in busy places."

  

Ali Mojtahedzadeh, referring to the ambiguities in the reaction of the Judiciary News Agency, said:

"Until today, we have neither seen nor heard the term "abahagari" in the Penal Code. In the last few years, we have sometimes heard words from some branches that were very strange. These branches are subject to the criminal procedure law they want because these words are not consistent with the legal standards.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar