human rights watch

lördag 9 februari 2019

The Iranian regime fights the Kurdish national movement in a very devious way, calling it the "soft war".


The Iranian regime fights the Kurdish national movement in a very devious way, calling it the "soft war".


The aim of Iranian Secret Service, is to divide the Kurdish population and break up the Kurdish National movement. This is done by magnifying and promoting any differences between the Kurds, wether it’s regional, dialect, religion or anything else, between Sorani Kurds, Badini Kurds, Kalhor Kurds, even Sonni Kurds, Shia Kurds and so on.
The following is a report, by a former employee of the Iranian Secret Service, about the regime's efforts to shatter the Kurds:
"My apology to the honorable people of Gilane Gharb.
Usually, when it comes to honesty, we are not as honest about our own stories, as we are about other’s stories. But I try to be as honest as possible, when I talk about my experiences.
My name is Ali and I come from a Persian city in Iran. Like many other Persians, I have hated and fought the Kurds and their language for many years, without ever having had a personal encounter with a Kurd. My hostility was also reinforced by the fact that my brother, who works in a center for Iranian studies, has always provided me with one-sided information about the Kurds, their political movement and the state of affairs in the Kurdish regions. I always assumed that these information were the absolute truth. All my reflections and conclusions were based on the knowledge that I received from my brother, and I have always come to the conclusion that the Kurds are the greatest threat to Iran's future, and that under no circumstances, we should allow the Kalhor Kurds to connect to the political movement of the rest of the Kurdish population, as this unity poses a great threat to Iran's economic and political future. All of these data and information came from the Intelligence sources, that spent years focusing on Kermanshan County and the activities of the Kurds in this county, then passed on to poisoned minded agents like me.
This went on, until one day the Secret Service has sent me a link to a Facebook group called "Farhangestane Kalhori", in which some of the group members were working with the Iranian intelligence service. I was assigned with a task of becoming a member of the group and lead them towards one direction: the separation of the Kalhor Kurds from their Kurdish identity and the rest of the Kurds. We were also running a psychological warfare, in order to be able to identify those who react and refuse the denial of their Kurdish identity and those who don’t.
The group founder, Changiz Mohammadi from Gilane Gharb, also worked with the Secret Service. His task was to give the Kalhor Kurds, a new identity of their own. He has also managed to gather many people around him. He attacked the Kurdish language and the Kurdish national movement and carried out provocative propaganda. In addition, the word "Kalhoristan" was launched. The aim was to ensure fragmentation within the Kurdish population in terms of language and religion. Maybe you will not believe me, but the nationalist Persian movement is petrified of intermarriage of Sunni Kurds and Shiite Kurds. The statistics are closely monitored. Because they believe, such intermarriages strengthens their cohesion and their sense of belongings.
Also in the Facebook group, it was propagated, that it was not necessary to teach Kurdish to their children. I knew exactly what Changiz’s group was aiming for, and I agreed to that, because in my eyes he and the masterminds were patriotic Iranians . After a while, I received orders to get closer to some of the group members and send them private messages. Through my contact with the members, I realised that they were upset and angry and accused the admins of suppressing the Kurdish identity. This went on until at some point, I decided to go and visit the region of the Kalhor Kurds. A trip that changed me and transformed my thoughts, beliefs and my worldview. During my visit, I stayed with a proud Kalhor Kurd who was well aware of his people suffering and had a great insight into the different factors surrounding the situation of Kurds. While I was there, I had the opportunity to meet and speak with many people and this made me realise, that we were trying to take away the identity of a nation separate it from its roots. But in reality, you can take away anything from a nation apart from its language and it’s land. And any Kurd who denies his identity, language and culture, denies himself. Therefore, I have come to realise that Kalhor Kurds are inseparable from their Kurdish nature, just as no Soran or Jaff can be separated from their Kurdish nature (...) "
___
Source: Arsalan Yarahmadi
Picture: Kalhor Kurds

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar