human rights watch

fredag 22 augusti 2014

Agent sent to YPG: there is ISIS military camp in Antep


Agent sent to YPG: there is ISIS military camp in Antep

An agent sent to infiltrate the ranks of the YPG after being trained by ISIS in the Turkish city of Antep (Gaziantep) has revealed that ISIS has training facilities in Turkey. C.M., who is 17, received training from the inhuman ISIS organisation in Antep before being sent through Azaz to infiltrate the YPG.


C. M, from the Afrin region of Rojava, applied to join the YPG a month ago. YPG commanders tyold him he was too young, in accordance with international agreements. After C.M. persisted, suspicions were raised and an investigation was initiated, but before being questioned C.M. confessed to having been sent by ISIS.
C.M. said he had been to a Ba'ath regime school until 2009, when he went to work in Lebanon, where he had relatives. In 2013 he met two people from Azaz who encouraged him to join ISIS.
C.M. said ISIS have a training camp in Turkey. He said: "We were taken in a vehicle straight to a three-storey building in grounds near Antep and told we would stay there for a while. There were 25 of us there, mostly of my age. We were trained there for about 2 months. The training was mostly religious and political, but we also received military training and fired pistols. All the trainers spoke good Turkish, in addition to Arabic. All those giving tuition spoke Arabic, but not very well.
If they didn't want us to understand they spoke Turkish amongst themselves."
Trust examination
C. M. said that after the 2 months training they had been subjected to a  "trust" examination. He said:
"There were two other Kurds at the camp. One day they took us into Antep. The other two Kurds went with another trainer. We stopped in front of a shop. We went into the shop and the trainer told the shopkeeper he wanted some things. When the shopkeeper turned his back on us the trainer gave me a pistol and told me to fire it in order to prove myself. I pointed it at the shopkeeper and pulled the trigger, but it turned out thatit was not loaded. Then we returned to the camp."
On passing the test, he was sent to join the YPG
C.M. said that following this incident the trainers said they would be able to trust him and gave him the task of infiltrating the ranks of the YPG as an ISIS agent. He added:
"Someone I had never seen before took me and another person to the border at Kilis and showed me where to cross, saying: 'don't worry, the soldiers won't do anything. If you get arrested I will get you out. Tell those on the other side who you are.' As soon as we crossed the border we were captured and we told our captors we had come from the training camp in Antep. They then took us to a place in Azaz, where after 2 days they said we could go. First I went to see my family, then I went to join the YPG. They asked me how old I was and I said 17. When they said i was too young I insisted and they became suspicious. Then I explained everything that had happened."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar