human rights watch

tisdag 12 oktober 2021

Five years after the death of Shimon Peres, his blessed memory, his multifaceted and unique image, still stands before my eyes.



 Five years after the death of Shimon Peres, his blessed memory, his multifaceted and unique image, still stands before my eyes.


For seven decades of activity, Shimon left an exceptional mark on the development of the State of Israel.

Shimon was looking for a way to peace with Arab countries, but he knew that our national existence must be based on the principle of deterrence and security power. The meaningful conversations that we had in the last years of his life in an atmosphere of openness and intimacy brought both of us the deepest satisfaction.

I will never forget the sincerity of his grief over the death of my brother Yoni and the humane attitude he showed towards my family and me personally at the most difficult time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar