ISIS butchers leave 'roads lined with decapitated police and soldiers': Battle for Baghdad looms as thousands answer Iraqi government's call to arms and jihadists bear down on capital
- U.S. today changed tone on intervention; President Obama said: 'I don't rule out anything... Iraq will need more help'
- Crucial vote to grant emergency powers was delayed because MPs did not turn up, leaving Iraqi government paralysed
- Disruption in Iraq could add 2p to the price of a litre of petrol within a fortnight as ISIS insurgents take key oil fields
- Kurdish forces are in full control of Iraq's oil city of Kirkuk after the federal army abandoned their posts
- Iran has sent special forces and a unit of elite troops to Iraq to assist the Iraqi government halt the advance
- Iraqi air force is bombing insurgent positions in and around Mosul - 1.3million citizens still remain in the city
- Middle East experts raised the prospect of Iraq being carved into three - Kurdish, Sunni and Shiite - by the conflict.
- isis taken over iraq