human rights watch

fredag 25 mars 2016

Êzidîs freed from ISIS: We're proud thanks to Kurdish Leader and fighters


Êzidîs freed from ISIS: We're proud thanks to Kurdish Leader and fighters
51 Êzidî Kurds - 10 women and 41 children- were freed from ISIS captivity and reunited with their relatives in the Êzidî Women’s Assembly in Mount Shengal.



Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:20 PM
SHENGAL - ANF - MEHDİ DOĞAN



51 Êzidî Kurds - 10 women and 41 children- were freed from ISIS captivity and reunited with their relatives in the Êzidî Women’s Assembly in Mount Shengal. ISIS had taken the civilians as hostage during its invasion of Shengal on August 3, 2014.

The Êzidîs taken hostage by ISIS and their relatives who had been apart for two and a half years spoke to ANF about their experiences.

'THEY CAPTURED US IN OUR HOUSES AND TOOK US TO RAQQA'

Gozê Tılızer: "I am from the Verdiye village of Tılezer, ISIS held me hostage for two and a half years. We were at home when they attacked, they took us hostage in our house. They took my husband away from my children and I, I still don’t know where he is. They took us to Syria, and then they brought us here from Raqqa. We were in jail until our fighters saved us, YBŞ forces and the guerrillas saved us."

'THEY MASSACRED MY MOTHER AND FATHER'

Basma Şengal: "They caught us on the first day of the massacre as we were running for the mountain. They massacred my mother and father, and took us to Tel Afer after holding us in Shengal briefly. We stayed in Tel After for 3 months, they separated the men and women here. I don’t know where they took the men and the children, but they took us women to Syria. They kept us in an underground prison. My only wish is that my children and husband escape ISIS. They brought us here from Raqqa, my sisters from the PKK, YBŞ, YJŞ, and HPG saved us. Thank God for them.

Suham Salih Mehmud: "I am from Shengal’s Tıl Benat village, they took us hostage in Shengal. We were a big group, they first held us in Shengal and then took us to Raqqa. I don’t know where my family and husband are, they took them somewhere else. ISIS gangs treated us very badly, they often used violence. The YBŞ and the HPG freed us, I am thankful to them. My wish is that all Êzidîs are saved from ISIS."

Ali Gurnuz: "My cousin and her children are among the rescued civilians, I thank everyone who helped save them. May God protect YBŞ, HPG, YJA STAR and YJŞ."

'WE ARE PROUD THANKS TO LEADER APO AND THE FIGHTERS’

Xwededa Berkaat: "I am from Sinune, one of my relatives was freed and is now with us. I thank YBŞ, YJŞ, HPG, and YJA STAR for freeing them. Everyone who was freed is our brother, sister, and mother. We owe a lot to the fighters that sacrificed their lives for rescuing the civilians, I thank all woman and man fighters. We are proud thanks to Leader Apo and the fighters, we will free all of our people taken hostage."

'WE KEPT OUR PROMISE'

YBŞ fighter Zınar Şengal’s family is also among the civilians freed from ISIS captivity. Şengal said that his wife, children and aunts-in-law were among the freed Êzidîs. Şengal recalled the YBŞ’s promise to fight until all Êzidîs were free, and said that they kept their promise by continuing to free civilians from ISIS. Lastly, Şengal promised the 2 fighters that fell as martyrs during the rescue operation that their deaths would be avenged, and thanked everyone who helped save the Êzidî civilians."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar