human rights watch

fredag 21 maj 2021

Athena Damei is a political prisoner in response to the demands of the evil clerical regime

 




Athena  Damei is a  political prisoner in response to the demands of the evil clerical regime

Wrote about writing an amnesty petition;


Six years of the best years of my life have passed with many tortures behind bars because I have stood up to those who have committed crimes for 42 years and have led people to poverty, imprisonment and death in various ways, while they shamelessly ask me to ask. I will write an amnesty to be released if it is reviewed and agreed upon, but I, who consider unconditional release as the right of political and ideological prisoners, will not only never ask for forgiveness from the institutions of the time, but also insist on the right to freedom of thought and freedom. I will continue to be more determined than before and remind them that it is you who must ask people for forgiveness.

I will never back down from my freedom of thought and freedom ...

Today is Friday, May 20, 1400; #Athena_Daemi, a human rights activist and political prisoner who was deported from Evin Prison to Lakan Prison in Rasht at noon on Tuesday, March 17, 2017, said in response to a request for pardon and pardon from the Islamic Republic's murder apparatus;

"Six years of the best years of my life have passed with a lot of torture behind bars because I have stood up to those who have committed crimes for 42 years and in various ways have led people to poverty, imprisonment and death. Now they shamelessly ask me to ask. I will write an amnesty to be released if it is reviewed and agreed upon, but I, who consider unconditional freedom as the right of political and ideological prisoners, will not only never ask for forgiveness from the night owls of the time, but also for freedom of thought and freedom. "I will continue to be more determined than before and remind them that it is you who must ask people for forgiveness."

Athena Daemi has been serving a five-year sentence in ‌ Evin Prison since 2016, without a day off. In July of last year, he was sentenced in two other cases to two years in prison and 74 lashes, with one year in prison and 74 lashes.

In this case, which was opened with a complaint from the Ministry of Intelligence and the IRGC against this human rights activist, Athena Daemi was sentenced to one year in Branch 24 of the Revolutionary Court in Tehran by a criminal judge, Mohammad Reza Amouzad, on charges of "propaganda against the regime." He was sentenced to one year in prison and 74 lashes for "disrupting prison order."


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar