human rights watch

lördag 12 maj 2018

In memory of Leyla Qasim, who was executed in Baghdad on May 12, 1974:


In memory of Leyla Qasim, who was executed in Baghdad on May 12, 1974: "Kill me, but you should know that with my death thousands of Kurds will wake up from a deep sleep, I am very happy to sacrifice my soul for the way to a free Kurdistan."
On May 12, 1974, Leyla Qasim, a 22yr old Kurdish student, was hung to death by the Iraqi Ba’ath regime. She became the 1st woman ever to be executed by Iraq, and was one of the very few women in the world killed for her political activism.
Today in 1974, the Iraqi government murdered the young Kurdish student and human & cultural rights activist Leyla Qasim. On the gallows, she said: "You can kill me. But you should know that my death will waken thousands of Kurds. I am happy to give my life for a free Kurdistan.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar